1 large tomato, roasted,peeled and chopped
1 small onion, chopped fine
1 clove garlic, minced
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1 1/2 lbs cooked chicken breasts or 1 1/2 lbs cooked beef or 1 1/2 lbs cooked pork, shredded
1/2 teaspoon salt
12 corn tortillas, slightly warmed for easy rolling
1 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons milk
1/2 cup sour cream, thined with the milk
1 1/2 cups guacamole
shredded queso fresco or shredded farmer cheese
1/2-1 cup salsa
1. Puree the tomato, onion and garlic in a food processor.
2. Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium high heat.
3. Cook tomato filling until thick and reduced-around 5 minutes.
4. Add the meat of choice and mix well.
5. Remove from heat and season with salt.
6. Heat the tortillas and place an equal amount of filling on each.
7. Roll and secure with toothpicks OR assemble all and chill seam side down.
8. Heat the oil over medium high heat and when hot begin frying tacos 4 at a time until golden on all sides.
9. If you are not using the toothpicks-I dont-place seam side down in the hot oil first.
10. Remove and drain-repeat and keep warm in the oven until done.
11. When done place 3 on each plate and top with Guacamole, cream and salsa.
12. Garnish with Cilantro and cheese.